Meet Instructions 2014
- Entry for all athletes will be via the Christ’s College main gates. Just to the left of the entrance will be a table where all athletes will need to have their names checked to gain entry to the ground. NB – This is just the entrance, NOT the athlete check-in!
- All childrens and school relay teams are asked to send only their team manager to the table and then enter as one group once the team manager has had team checked off.
- From the main entrance all athletes and relay teams should proceed to the Christ’s College Gymnasium (there will be marshals and signage to direct you) where Athlete registration/check-in will take place. Athletes will be checked in for their event and receive their race number and race packs.Your race number will allow you access to athlete-only areas. Again if only the team managers for school and relay teams could approach the check-in tables to avoid congestion.
- On the floor below the gymnasium is a classroom and changing rooms and toilets. These have been set aside for athletes in the open events and will not be open to the public. You will be able to leave your bags there if you wish but there will also be space down the other end at the hockey court.
- Massage facilities will also be available in the downstairs area, and St Johns medical staff are also on hand.
- There will also toilets and portaloos at other locations around the ground – they will be clearly marked.
- The Call Room for all events (except children’s relays) will also be at the gymnasium this year. For children’s relays – assemble on the hockey court with your manager, and Marilyn Morrison and Pip Keenan will direct the teams from there.
- Athletes must report to the Call Room 30 minutes before their event start time for field events and 15 minutes before for track events, from where you will be escorted out to your event start area. Please be aware that it is very likely that the area around the track will be extremely crowded with spectators so please allow enough time to make it to the Call Room. Also – for those doing track events, as it is a 331m track the start line may not be where you expect it to be, so please follow the instructions of officials and marshals.
- Warm-ups may be done on the hockey court or out in the Botanic Gardens. There is a side entrance directly off the Upper Field just past the finish line that athletes only may use to enter the Botanic Gardens and return to the field. Entry and Exit via this door will be via athlete race number only. The Botanic Gardens staff have asked us to please refrain from training on the grass as it is not being fully watered due to current water restrictions in Christchurch. We respectfully ask that you follow their recommendation.
- If you place top 3 in any individual event or are in a winning relay team there will be an awards ceremony as soon as possible after the finish, so please make yourselves available for that or if going to another event ensure the awards co-ordinator knows.
- We have extensive media coverage and expect there to be representatives of all major TV stations and newspapers at the ITM. Please make yourself available for any interviews requested and remember to thank the sponsor of your event, as without them we could not make the event happen. Sponsors of each event are listed in the programme.
- Finally – please enjoy yourselves, and good luck. We hope you achieve your aims and we wish you every success tonight and for the rest of the season. We are also always looking for ways to improve the meet so please send any feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org
The ITM crew
Prize Money & Record Bonus– All athletes competing in the International Track Meet will be eligible.
Meet Hotel – The designated Meet Hotel is the Copthorne Commodore on Memorial Ave near the airport. Please mention the ITM when you make your booking.
Airport Transfers – For more information about transport from Christchurch Airport please look at the airport website.